This workshop will give you the following skills to take those first critical steps in starting a successful business:
· Understand the different business entities and choose the best one for your business.
· Learn how to properly license your business in Washington state.
· Select the correct insurance for your business.
· Understand the options for financing your business.
First, we review what you need to know about setting up your business with the best legal entity. Whether you choose a sole proprietorship, LLC or another entity, we will help you understand how to get the right business licenses along with understanding the state and federal taxes you need to manage.
Understanding how to protect your business and yourself with the correct business insurance is critical. You’ll learn about the various commercial insurance policies available and we’ll help you determine what’s best for you.
We’ll describe to you various financing options for your business, and then show you how to apply for the financing that makes sense for you.
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructors and the program:
· Lays out the process of setting up a business in a practical and concrete layout.
· The whole workshop was great --- the instructor was so willing to help and answered all my questions.
· The workshop information was well organized, well explained and all my questions were answered.
· Got very detailed info on business licensing.
SCORE’s Small Business Essentials Workshops prepares individuals to make the right decisions and create actionable plans when starting a small business. Whether you are starting a business on your own (one-person business) or a business with employees, we have the right set of workshops to help you succeed. All the workshops are about three hours in length and taught by experienced SCORE Mentors. See more information on these workshops here.
This workshop is presented by SCORE Business Mentor Jack Stiegler. Jack has been volunteering for SCORE for over 20 years and during that time has helped hundreds of people start and operate their small businesses. He was an officer at a Fortune 500 company working in administration, accounting and information technology. Concurrently, he was a partner in a commercial landscape maintenance company. He has been an adjunct professor of business in the graduate school at City University. Jack has served on the board of directors of many for profit and nonprofit companies. He has an MBA from Xavier University in Ohio. You can learn more about Jack at his LinkedIn profile here: Jack Stiegler